US: Sara Lee adds breakfast sausage to Jimmy Dean line
Sara Lee has expended its Jimmy Dean meats portfolio to include a breakfast sausage brand for the US market.
Mexican-inspired Jimmy Dean Breakfast Quesadillas comprise of pork or turkey sausages and a flour tortilla that are designed to be cooked in the microwave. The range is available in two varieties, Jimmy Dean Sausage Quesadilla with pork sausage and Jimmy Dean Delights Turkey Sausage Quesadilla.
Jimmy Dean Sausage Quesadilla comprises of pork sausage with eggs and cheese in a flour tortilla. Each serving contains 290 calories, 16 grams of fat and 13 grams of protein.
Jimmy Dean Delights Turkey Sausage Quesadilla comprises of turkey sausage with egg whites and cheese in a flour tortilla. Each serving contains 250 calories, ten grams of fat and 15 grams of protein.
"The introduction of Jimmy Dean Sausage Quesadillas and Jimmy Dean Delights Turkey Sausage Quesadillas into our frozen breakfast portfolio brings some new variety to the breakfast table," said Jimmy Dean's brand general manager, Amy Grabow.
Both varieties retail at US$3.99 each and are available nationwide.
Hillshire Brands has added a Lemon Pound Cake to its Sara Lee brand, as well as making the label's signature Butter Pound Cake more moist....
Private-equity firm Wind Point Partners has snapped up US snacks group Shearer's Foods in a takeover backed by former Sara Lee executive C.J. Fraleigh....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund