USA: Sara Lee - another blow to the meat industry - COMMENT (Members)
Sara Lee may have knowingly supplied listeria-tainted meat in 1998. While these allegations have not been substantiated, the news certainly won't do anything for public confidence in the meat industry, still reeling from other recent health scares. If the industry wants to reverse declining consumption, the public must see quality control and regulatory measures as effective in the long run.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin