USA: Sara Lee - another blow to the meat industry - COMMENT (Members)
Sara Lee may have knowingly supplied listeria-tainted meat in 1998. While these allegations have not been substantiated, the news certainly won't do anything for public confidence in the meat industry, still reeling from other recent health scares. If the industry wants to reverse declining consumption, the public must see quality control and regulatory measures as effective in the long run.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti