US: Sara Lee appoints corporation director
Sara Lee Corporation has elected Virgis W. Colbert a director of the corporation and Brett J. Hart an officer of the corporation, effective immediately. Colbert's appointment brings the number of Sara Lee Corporation directors to 12.
Colbert, 65, recently retired from Miller Brewing Company as executive vice president of worldwide operations, a position he assumed in 1997. He began his career at Miller Brewing in 1979 and held various positions of increasing responsibility that include senior vice president of worldwide operations, senior vice president of operations and vice president of plant operations. Colbert currently serves as a member of the board of directors of The Stanley Works, The Manitowoc Company, Inc. and Delphi Corporation.
"As Sara Lee transforms itself into a consumer products company with a renewed focus on its customers and consumers, we are pleased to have Virgis join us as we create a more disciplined organization that drives consistent, long-term growth," said Brenda C. Barnes, chairman and chief executive officer of Sara Lee Corporation. "At Miller Brewing, Virgis gained extensive global operations experience and demonstrated outstanding leadership skills that will serve Sara Lee and our shareholders well."
Hart, 36, currently serves as senior vice president, deputy general counsel and global business practices officer of Sara Lee Corporation. He reports to Roderick A. Palmore, executive vice president, general counsel and secretary of Sara Lee Corporation. Hart joined Sara Lee in 2003 as assistant general counsel and was promoted to his current position in 2005.
Companies: Sara Lee Corp.
The food industry in the United States has been struggling with accusations that it is responsible for the country's "obesity epidemic" but companies are now developing strategies to deal with the pro...
Sara Lee Corporation is to delist from Euronext Amsterdam and Euronext Paris stock exchanges, as well as the Swiss Exchange....
Consumer goods giant Sara Lee Corporation has announced today that it has reached agreement on the principal terms and conditions for the sale of its European nuts and snacks business in the Netherlan...
US consumer goods giant Sara Lee has reported a sharp fall in first-quarter profit, impacted by impairment and transformation charges, exit costs and lower net sales....
US consumer goods giant Sara Lee has announced that it has signed an agreement to sell its US Retail Coffee business to Italy-based Segafredo Zanetti Group for US$82.5m....
US food and consumer goods giant Sara Lee has announced that its Food & Beverage division has appointed Kim Feil as senior vice president and chief marketing officer to lead all marketing efforts for ...
US packaged food company ConAgra Foods has said it has received notice of an unsolicited "mini-tender" offer, made by TRC Capital Corporation of Ontario, Canada, to purchase up to 3.5 million of ConAg...
US food and consumer goods giant Sara Lee has reported a fall in income for the year ended 2 July 2005, blaming higher costs, a tough European retail environment and the costs of restructuring....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review