USA: Sara Lee Bakery to cut 190 jobs
The bakery division of US food and consumer goods company, Sara Lee, has said it is to reduce its workforce in a bid to cut costs and realign the organisation. The company said that 106 employees would be laid off at Sara Lee Bakery Group’s St Louis headquarters. In the division’s regional offices and other locations a further 84 employees will be laid off. The division has 22,200 employees in the US and 27,000 employees worldwide, reported the Wall Street Journal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund