USA: Sara Lee commits to expansion of bakery business
Chicago-based consumer gods giant Sara Lee Corp is to boost its baked goods division with a series of acquisitions, new product launches and an increased advertising budget. Sara Lee practically quadrupled the size of the division last July with the buyout of St. Louis-based Earthgrains Co, and Prudential Securities analyst John McMillin told the Crain News Service that this business is providing Sara Lee with a new innovation model.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs