USA: Sara Lee commits to expansion of bakery business
Chicago-based consumer gods giant Sara Lee Corp is to boost its baked goods division with a series of acquisitions, new product launches and an increased advertising budget. Sara Lee practically quadrupled the size of the division last July with the buyout of St. Louis-based Earthgrains Co, and Prudential Securities analyst John McMillin told the Crain News Service that this business is providing Sara Lee with a new innovation model.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins