USA: Sara Lee Corporation advances reshaping program
In a move to continue to streamline its business portfolio, Sara Lee Corporation announced today its intent to divest 8 companies, including Champion Europe, Sara Lee Apparel Australasia, several international bakery operations -- including the UK bakery - Ozark Salad Company and the Spanish processed meats company, Argal. Since Sara Lee first announced its reshaping program in May 2000, it has announced plans to divest 14 companies, representing more than $4.5 billion in revenue.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations