USA: Sara Lee Corporation and the Earthgrains Company receive EC antitrust clearance
Sara Lee Corporation announced yesterday that the European Commission has approved Sara Lee's acquisition of The Earthgrains Company. The European Commission's decision was the sole remaining regulatory approval required for the acquisition. Sara Lee's tender offer for all of the outstanding shares of Earthgrains common stock is currently scheduled to expire at 5:00 p.m. (EDT) on Tuesday, August 7, 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch