USA: Sara Lee Corporation and the Earthgrains Company receive EC antitrust clearance
Sara Lee Corporation announced yesterday that the European Commission has approved Sara Lee's acquisition of The Earthgrains Company. The European Commission's decision was the sole remaining regulatory approval required for the acquisition. Sara Lee's tender offer for all of the outstanding shares of Earthgrains common stock is currently scheduled to expire at 5:00 p.m. (EDT) on Tuesday, August 7, 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Hershey steps up work on calories