USA: Sara Lee Corporation and the Earthgrains Company receive U.S. antitrust clearance for proposed acquisition
Sara Lee Corporation and The Earthgrains Company announced yesterday that they have received U.S. antitrust clearance for Sara Lee's proposed acquisition of Earthgrains. The waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 relating to Sara Lee's proposed acquisition of Earthgrains expired at 11:59 p.m. (EDT), on Friday, July 20, 2001. The tender offer is scheduled to expire at midnight (EDT) on Tuesday, July 31, 2001, unless extended.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review