USA: Sara Lee Corporation and the Earthgrains Company receive U.S. antitrust clearance for proposed acquisition
Sara Lee Corporation and The Earthgrains Company announced yesterday that they have received U.S. antitrust clearance for Sara Lee's proposed acquisition of Earthgrains. The waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 relating to Sara Lee's proposed acquisition of Earthgrains expired at 11:59 p.m. (EDT), on Friday, July 20, 2001. The tender offer is scheduled to expire at midnight (EDT) on Tuesday, July 31, 2001, unless extended.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1