USA: Sara Lee Corporation and the Earthgrains Company receive U.S. antitrust clearance for proposed acquisition
Sara Lee Corporation and The Earthgrains Company announced yesterday that they have received U.S. antitrust clearance for Sara Lee's proposed acquisition of Earthgrains. The waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 relating to Sara Lee's proposed acquisition of Earthgrains expired at 11:59 p.m. (EDT), on Friday, July 20, 2001. The tender offer is scheduled to expire at midnight (EDT) on Tuesday, July 31, 2001, unless extended.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO