USA: Sara Lee Corporation and the Earthgrains Company receive U.S. antitrust clearance for proposed acquisition
Sara Lee Corporation and The Earthgrains Company announced yesterday that they have received U.S. antitrust clearance for Sara Lee's proposed acquisition of Earthgrains. The waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 relating to Sara Lee's proposed acquisition of Earthgrains expired at 11:59 p.m. (EDT), on Friday, July 20, 2001. The tender offer is scheduled to expire at midnight (EDT) on Tuesday, July 31, 2001, unless extended.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action