USA: Sara Lee Corporation Completes Sale Of PYA/Monarch to Royal Ahold's U.S. Foodservice for $1.57 Billion
Sara Lee Corporation announced today that it has completed the sale of PYA/Monarch, a leading foodservice operation, to U.S. Foodservice, a wholly owned subsidiary of Royal Ahold, for $1.57 billion in cash. Royal Ahold, the nearly $50 billion Dutch supermarket giant, is one of the largest foodservice operators in the United States.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant