USA: Sara Lee Corporation highlights its global coffee business at quarterly analyst meeting
In its quarterly presentation to financial analysts in New York, Sara Lee Corporation yesterday reviewed its global coffee operations, highlighting the $2.6 billion business's growth opportunities through product innovation and geographic expansion. Frank L. Meysman, executive vice president of Sara Lee Corporation and chairman of the board of management of Sara Lee/DE, Sara Lee's Dutch subsidiary, discussed the competitive advantages created by Sara Lee's long-term expertise in coffee purchasing and blending. This expertise allows Sara Lee, which is the third-largest purchaser of green coffee beans in the world, to enjoy strong profit margins despite fluctuating green coffee costs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report