USA: Sara Lee Corporation highlights its global coffee business at quarterly analyst meeting
In its quarterly presentation to financial analysts in New York, Sara Lee Corporation yesterday reviewed its global coffee operations, highlighting the $2.6 billion business's growth opportunities through product innovation and geographic expansion. Frank L. Meysman, executive vice president of Sara Lee Corporation and chairman of the board of management of Sara Lee/DE, Sara Lee's Dutch subsidiary, discussed the competitive advantages created by Sara Lee's long-term expertise in coffee purchasing and blending. This expertise allows Sara Lee, which is the third-largest purchaser of green coffee beans in the world, to enjoy strong profit margins despite fluctuating green coffee costs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses