USA: Sara Lee Corporation highlights its global coffee business at quarterly analyst meeting
In its quarterly presentation to financial analysts in New York, Sara Lee Corporation yesterday reviewed its global coffee operations, highlighting the $2.6 billion business's growth opportunities through product innovation and geographic expansion. Frank L. Meysman, executive vice president of Sara Lee Corporation and chairman of the board of management of Sara Lee/DE, Sara Lee's Dutch subsidiary, discussed the competitive advantages created by Sara Lee's long-term expertise in coffee purchasing and blending. This expertise allows Sara Lee, which is the third-largest purchaser of green coffee beans in the world, to enjoy strong profit margins despite fluctuating green coffee costs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega