USA: Sara Lee Corporation Reports increased sales for the first quarter of fiscal 2002
Sara Lee Corporation today reported that sales for the first quarter of fiscal 2002, ending September 29, 2001, were $4.5 billion, up 1%, and diluted earnings per share (EPS) were $.26, a decrease of 10% compared to $.29 one year ago. All results exclude unusual items unless otherwise noted. In May 2000, Sara Lee Corporation announced a Reshaping program to focus the company's operations on three business segments - Food and Beverage, Intimates and Underwear, and Household Products - and a number of non-core business units were sold or exited during fiscal 2001 and fiscal 2002 in conjunction with this program. Excluding these divested businesses, sales increased 9% in the first quarter of fiscal 2002, reflecting the acquisition of The Earthgrains Company on August 7, 2001, combined with base business gains in Packaged Meats, Knit Products and Household Products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016