USA: Sara Lee Corporation Reports increased sales for the first quarter of fiscal 2002
Sara Lee Corporation today reported that sales for the first quarter of fiscal 2002, ending September 29, 2001, were $4.5 billion, up 1%, and diluted earnings per share (EPS) were $.26, a decrease of 10% compared to $.29 one year ago. All results exclude unusual items unless otherwise noted. In May 2000, Sara Lee Corporation announced a Reshaping program to focus the company's operations on three business segments - Food and Beverage, Intimates and Underwear, and Household Products - and a number of non-core business units were sold or exited during fiscal 2001 and fiscal 2002 in conjunction with this program. Excluding these divested businesses, sales increased 9% in the first quarter of fiscal 2002, reflecting the acquisition of The Earthgrains Company on August 7, 2001, combined with base business gains in Packaged Meats, Knit Products and Household Products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target