USA: Sara Lee Corporation sells U.K. bakery business to Hibernia Foods
Sara Lee Corporation announced today that the company has sold its U.K. bakery business, which manufactures, markets and distributes frozen baked goods under the Sara Lee name and private label brands, to Dublin-based Hibernia Foods PLC. For the fiscal year ended June 30, 2000, Sara Lee's U.K. bakery business generated sales of approximately US$75 million (UK(pound)50 million). Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant