USA: Sara Lee Corporation sells U.K. bakery business to Hibernia Foods
Sara Lee Corporation announced today that the company has sold its U.K. bakery business, which manufactures, markets and distributes frozen baked goods under the Sara Lee name and private label brands, to Dublin-based Hibernia Foods PLC. For the fiscal year ended June 30, 2000, Sara Lee's U.K. bakery business generated sales of approximately US$75 million (UK(pound)50 million). Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units