USA: Sara Lee Corporation to acquire Earthgrains for $2.8 billion
Sara Lee Corporation announced today that it has signed an agreement for the acquisition of St. Louis-based The Earthgrains Company for $40.25 per Earthgrains share, payable in cash. The total value of the acquisition, including the assumption of Earthgrains' outstanding debt, is $2.8 billion. With the acquisition of Earthgrains, Sara Lee more than quadruples its annual bakery sales to become the nation's second-largest fresh bread company, and gains a strong distribution system to extend its Sara Lee brand franchise.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid