USA: Sara Lee Corporation to acquire Earthgrains for $2.8 billion
Sara Lee Corporation announced today that it has signed an agreement for the acquisition of St. Louis-based The Earthgrains Company for $40.25 per Earthgrains share, payable in cash. The total value of the acquisition, including the assumption of Earthgrains' outstanding debt, is $2.8 billion. With the acquisition of Earthgrains, Sara Lee more than quadruples its annual bakery sales to become the nation's second-largest fresh bread company, and gains a strong distribution system to extend its Sara Lee brand franchise.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs