USA: Sara Lee Corporation to acquire Earthgrains for $2.8 billion
Sara Lee Corporation announced today that it has signed an agreement for the acquisition of St. Louis-based The Earthgrains Company for $40.25 per Earthgrains share, payable in cash. The total value of the acquisition, including the assumption of Earthgrains' outstanding debt, is $2.8 billion. With the acquisition of Earthgrains, Sara Lee more than quadruples its annual bakery sales to become the nation's second-largest fresh bread company, and gains a strong distribution system to extend its Sara Lee brand franchise.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- France eyes leading role in proteins
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Bakery (UK) - Industry Report
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements