USA: Sara Lee Corporation to acquire Earthgrains for $2.8 billion
Sara Lee Corporation announced today that it has signed an agreement for the acquisition of St. Louis-based The Earthgrains Company for $40.25 per Earthgrains share, payable in cash. The total value of the acquisition, including the assumption of Earthgrains' outstanding debt, is $2.8 billion. With the acquisition of Earthgrains, Sara Lee more than quadruples its annual bakery sales to become the nation's second-largest fresh bread company, and gains a strong distribution system to extend its Sara Lee brand franchise.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill