USA: Sara Lee Corporation to expand meat snacks business with addition of Trail's Best brand
Sara Lee Corporation announced today that it has agreed to acquire the assets of FHS, Inc., a private holding company that owns Trail's Best Snacks, Inc., the fourth largest producer of meat snacks and beef jerky in the United States. The terms of the agreement were not disclosed. Trail's Best Snacks, which includes Trail's Best and Happy Trails brands, also currently produces the Jimmy Dean brand of meat snacks for Sara Lee Foods.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations