USA: Sara Lee Corporation to expand meat snacks business with addition of Trail's Best brand
Sara Lee Corporation announced today that it has agreed to acquire the assets of FHS, Inc., a private holding company that owns Trail's Best Snacks, Inc., the fourth largest producer of meat snacks and beef jerky in the United States. The terms of the agreement were not disclosed. Trail's Best Snacks, which includes Trail's Best and Happy Trails brands, also currently produces the Jimmy Dean brand of meat snacks for Sara Lee Foods.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO