USA: Sara Lee cuts crusts off new bread
Chicago-based consumer goods giant Sara Lee Corporation is rolling out a new bread loaf product with no crusts. Baked and de-crusted at Sara Lee's bakery in Paris, Texas, the IronKids Crustless Bread will be supported by advertising revenue of more than US$10m. The new crustless bread was formally launched on Sunday at the Food Marketing Institute Show at McCormick Place, and will cost consumers 40 cents more a loaf than the with-crust IronKids equivalent. A spokesman said that "convenience is a very important commodity that parents are willing to pay for".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund