US: Sara Lee expands Jimmy Dean breakfast line
Sara Lee has expanded its Jimmy Dean breakfast line in the US.
The firm today (9 August) announced the introduction of Jimmy D’s breakfasts, a line of “convenient” breakfast items with 210 calories or less and seven or more grams of protein.
Jimmy D’s breakfasts are available in grocery stores across the US and are available in three varieties; French Toast Griddlers, Griddle Sticks and French Toast Duos.
French Toast Griddlers comprise a cinnamon glazed French toast breakfast sandwich with Jimmy Dean turkey sausage.
Griddle Sticks are a Jimmy Dean turkey sausage wrapped in maple pancake batter on a stick, while French Toast Duos are two cinnamon glazed French toast sticks served with two Jimmy Dean turkey sausage links.
Jimmy Dean will introduce new website content providing details and information on the benefits of a breakfast with protein to coincide with the launch.
Egypt has dominated headlines around the world this week and the political crisis has had an impact on the food sector, particularly on multinationals operating in the country. Within the industry, th...
Brazilian meat processor JBS has appointed Wesley Batista as its CEO, replacing his brother Joesley Batista, who will become the company's chairman....
Marcel Smits, the chief executive of Sara Lee, today (28 January) defended the US food group's plans to split the business in two amid questions over whether the move will benefit shareholders....
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk