US: Sara Lee in settlement talks with government agencies over Earthgrains
Food and clothing manufacturer Sara Lee has said that it is in settlement talks with the Department of Justice over Earthgrains bakery's handling of ozone-depleting substances. Sara Lee purchased Earthgrains, the US' second biggest bakery, in August last year for around US$2.8bn. The bakery was merged into Sara Lee's own bakery to form Sara Lee Bakery.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega