US: Sara Lee in settlement talks with government agencies over Earthgrains
Food and clothing manufacturer Sara Lee has said that it is in settlement talks with the Department of Justice over Earthgrains bakery's handling of ozone-depleting substances. Sara Lee purchased Earthgrains, the US' second biggest bakery, in August last year for around US$2.8bn. The bakery was merged into Sara Lee's own bakery to form Sara Lee Bakery.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast