USA: Sara Lee launches own-brand bakery bread; uses Earthgrains’ delivery system
US packaged foods group Sara Lee has announced a major launch of five new bakery breads. The new breads aim to emulate homemade bread. Two are wholegrain varieties containing 100% whole-wheat flour. Other ingredients used in the new products include honey, butter and brown sugar. Most of them also have toppings such as dusted flour and wheat bran. Some have split tops or double-split top crusts to give them a home-baked appearance.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action