USA: Sara Lee launches own-brand bakery bread; uses Earthgrains’ delivery system
US packaged foods group Sara Lee has announced a major launch of five new bakery breads. The new breads aim to emulate homemade bread. Two are wholegrain varieties containing 100% whole-wheat flour. Other ingredients used in the new products include honey, butter and brown sugar. Most of them also have toppings such as dusted flour and wheat bran. Some have split tops or double-split top crusts to give them a home-baked appearance.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations