US: Sara Lee names general counsel
Sara Lee has appointed Margaret Foran to the post of executive vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary.
Foran, who will take up the post on 30 June, will be responsible for the company's worldwide legal activities and will lead its risk management, internal audit and sustainability efforts.
"We're delighted that Peggy will be joining our executive team," said Brenda Barnes, chairman and CEO. "During her three-decade long career, Peggy has earned the respect of corporate leaders, stakeholders, directors, investors and peers. She is recognised worldwide as a true leader with a reputation for the highest levels of personal integrity."
Foran most recently served as senior vice president, associate general counsel and corporate secretary for Pfizer, the world's largest research-based pharmaceutical company.
Sara Lee has found itself facing a crisis of confidence after lowering its full-year outlook and flip-flopping on whether or not to suspend its share buyback programme. With worries over its internati...
US food group Sara Lee will close its Chicago kosher hot dog and meat processing facility in a move that will see it exit the kosher meat business....
Once again, a raft of third quarter results stories caught your eye on just-food this week....
US food giant Sara Lee Corp. has reversed its decision to suspend its share buyback programme just a day after it said it would postpone repurchases....
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Unilever sets packaging target