USA: Sara Lee - neat meat - COMMENT (Members)
Sara Lee will acquire FHS, the US' fourth largest meat snack producer. The meat snack industry is growing fast, largely due to greater availability and increased visibility afforded by the distribution and merchandising muscle of food giants such as Frito-Lay and ConAgra. While most of Sara Lee's recent focus has been on selling off its non-core brands, meat snacks is an area in which acquisition is clearly the name of the game.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO