USA: Sara Lee - neat meat - COMMENT (Members)
Sara Lee will acquire FHS, the US' fourth largest meat snack producer. The meat snack industry is growing fast, largely due to greater availability and increased visibility afforded by the distribution and merchandising muscle of food giants such as Frito-Lay and ConAgra. While most of Sara Lee's recent focus has been on selling off its non-core brands, meat snacks is an area in which acquisition is clearly the name of the game.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses