USA: Sara Lee - neat meat - COMMENT (Members)
Sara Lee will acquire FHS, the US' fourth largest meat snack producer. The meat snack industry is growing fast, largely due to greater availability and increased visibility afforded by the distribution and merchandising muscle of food giants such as Frito-Lay and ConAgra. While most of Sara Lee's recent focus has been on selling off its non-core brands, meat snacks is an area in which acquisition is clearly the name of the game.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes