USA: Sara Lee patents method of forming casingless sausages
Inventor Kramer Lee gained Sara Lee US patent 6203832: "Method for forming casingless sausages."
Competition: This branch of technology seems inactive, with the Townsend Engineering Company and Campbell Soup Company getting patents in 1975 and 1987.
Method and apparatus for forming batter into casingless sausages and similar meat products in which an extrudable meat emulsion is simultaneously formed in a generally cylindrical configuration with a cohesive surface from a denaturing solution at a temperature of from ambient temperature to 170° F. The cylindrically formed emulsion is then separated into segments having first and second ends and a defined length, and the formed segments are thereafter introduced to a cooking apparatus. The apparatus for forming the casingless sausages includes extrusion/denaturing application apparatus, cylindrically shaping, sizing, and skin forming apparatus, and an end clamp. Another embodiment includes a heat exchanger to further assist the formation of a skin like surface on the meat product and shorten the cooking time.
First of 5 Claims:
A method of forming a casingless sausage shaped meat product comprising the steps of:
- introducing a flowable meat emulsion into an extruder under pressure to move the emulsion therethrough while simultaneously applying a denaturing solution to form a cohesive surface on the extruder held emulsion at a temperature of from ambient temperature to about 170° F.;
extruding the meat emulsion in a tubular configuration;
preliminarily heating the extruded emulsion at a temperature from 140°F. to 180° F. in the extruder;
forming the extruded and heated meat emulsion into segments, each segment having first and second ends and a defined length; and
introducing the formed segments into a cooking device at a temperature from 180° Fahrenheit to 210° Fahrenheit.
By Navroz Havewala, just-food.com correspondent
Food producers with small domestic markets could struggle to make their business viable, unless they can conquer the export market. But in Tasmania, producers are cashing in on demand for gourmet prod...
US food and consumer goods giant Sara Lee has announced that its Food & Beverage division has appointed Kim Feil as senior vice president and chief marketing officer to lead all marketing efforts for ...
US food and consumer goods giant Sara Lee has reported a fall in income for the year ended 2 July 2005, blaming higher costs, a tough European retail environment and the costs of restructuring....
Branded food and consumer products company Sara Lee Corporation, has introduced a white bread made with whole grain....
Campbell Soup Company has announced plans to build a new $80m, 220,000-square-foot culinary campus in Everett, Washington for its fast-growing premium refrigerated soup business....
Branded food and consumer products company Sara Lee Corporation has announced that its board of directors has elected George Chappelle a senior vice president of the corporation and Kees Gielen and Al...
Branded food manufacturer R A B Holdings Inc has announced the appointment of Jeremy J. Fingerman, as president and chief executive officer of its wholly owned subsidiary, R A B Food Group (formerly n...
The Grocery Manufacturers Association has announced that Richard H Lenny, chairman, president and CEO of The Hershey Company has been elected as the new chairman of the its board of directors for a tw...
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016