USA: Sara Lee posts Q2 sales rise
Consumer goods giant Sara Lee Corp yesterday [Thursday] announced a five per cent rise in second quarter sales to US$5bn compared to the year ago period, but said diluted earnings per share (EPS), excluding unusual items, fell 14% to US$.37. The company, whose products range from coffee to sausages and underwear, added that total sales for the first six months of fiscal 2002 reached US$9.5bn, up 3% over the same period a year ago.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre