US: Sara Lee reports progress towards long-term goals
Sara Lee Corporation's chairman and chief executive officer Brenda Barnes has noted the tremendous amount of work completed since the company began its five-year transformation plan in February 2005.
The company held a meeting yesterday (18 September), featuring several members of Sara Lee's senior management team, who discussed the core strategies of each subsidiary.
Barnes said: "In less than two years, we have made significant progress in transforming Sara Lee into a company focused on building strong brands in the food, beverage, and household and body care categories [...] delivering long-term consistent value to our shareholders.
"We have exited non-core businesses, including the successful spin-off of Hanesbrands earlier this month, aggressively improved operating effectiveness across all major functions of the company, strengthened our management team, driven new product innovation and continued to evolve our culture. We look forward to building upon that success in fiscal year 2007 and beyond."
Sara Lee chief financial and administrative officer Theo de Kool announced that the company expects cash from operations to be between US$400m and $500m for fiscal 2007, and said that transformation costs and benefits are tracking in line with or better than company plans and that Sara Lee will continue to return significant value to shareholders in fiscal 2007 by delivering a healthy $370m dividend payout.
Companies: Sara Lee Corp.
Sara Lee has said that during its long-term transformation from a diversified holding company into an integrated operating company it has adopted a disciplined approach to innovation - dubbed 'the fun...
US food group Sara Lee has entered into a sponsorship alliance with the theme park operator Six Flags....
US meat processor Smithfield saw third quarter profits plummet 15% due to higher feed prices and a weak performance of its hog unit....
Dean Foods has appointed Blaine E. McPeak to the company's WhiteWaves division as president of Horizon Organic....
Posting results for its second quarter, Sara Lee revealed that impairment charges totalling US$152m, transformation costs and charges associated with disposals swung the group to a loss for the period...
US food group Sara Lee has said that, as part of its cost cutting and reorganisation programme, it will axe 1,689 jobs and register almost US$200m in charges for the quarter ended 30 December....
US food and consumer goods group Sara Lee has finalised plans for its multi-million dollar Kitchens of Sara Lee research and development centre, which is to be located at its corporate headquarters in...
JP Morgan has upgraded Sara Lee from neutral to overweight, predicting a strong second quarter would lift the company's share price....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report