USA: Sara Lee - second-best bakery will still bring benefits - COMMENT (Members)
Sara Lee will buy US bakery products group Earthgrains in a deal worth $2.8 billion. The combined forces of Sara Lee and Earthgrains will create the second-largest fresh bread supplier in the US. While Earthgrains' portfolio of brands may not be as strong as Bestfoods', they still represent significant revenues and will provide a multitude of opportunities for Sara Lee to extend its brand name and strengthen its national distribution system.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast