USA: Sara Lee - second-best bakery will still bring benefits - COMMENT (Members)
Sara Lee will buy US bakery products group Earthgrains in a deal worth $2.8 billion. The combined forces of Sara Lee and Earthgrains will create the second-largest fresh bread supplier in the US. While Earthgrains' portfolio of brands may not be as strong as Bestfoods', they still represent significant revenues and will provide a multitude of opportunities for Sara Lee to extend its brand name and strengthen its national distribution system.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife