USA: Sara Lee - second-best bakery will still bring benefits - COMMENT (Members)
Sara Lee will buy US bakery products group Earthgrains in a deal worth $2.8 billion. The combined forces of Sara Lee and Earthgrains will create the second-largest fresh bread supplier in the US. While Earthgrains' portfolio of brands may not be as strong as Bestfoods', they still represent significant revenues and will provide a multitude of opportunities for Sara Lee to extend its brand name and strengthen its national distribution system.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB