US: Sara Lee set to reveal plans
According to reports in the US, Sara Lee's senior management is pushing ahead with plans to divide the business
Senior management at Sara Lee will today (28 January) unveil their plans for the US food group as reports claim that the company will not be sold - at least not immediately - and will be divided into two.
Sara Lee executives will broadcast their "strategic initiatives" online at 09:00 CST today, an announcement that will follow months of speculation over the future of the business.
Since last summer, speculation has swirled around the US market that Sara Lee could be sold. Brazilian meat giant JBS and a clutch of private-equity firms have been linked to the business. Rumours have emerged that buy-out giant KKR, JBS and a rival consortium led by private-equity firm Apollo Global Management have all made bids for Sara Lee, while, at the same time the US group's board is said to have been mulling whether to split the company in two.
According to reports today in the US, Sara Lee's senior management is pushing ahead with plans to divide the business after informal discussions to sell the company failed to attract offers the board was willing to accept.
The Financial Times said today that neither the Apollo-led group nor JBS, which had been talking to private-equity group Blackstone about a joint bid, had come up with an offer that had won over the Sara Lee board.
However, according to anonymous sources cited by the Wall Street Journal, some suitors for the business could return to the table once the division is made.
US poultry group Pilgrim's Pride has appointed Brazilian Fabio Sandri as chief financial officer....
Two of Brazil's largest meat processors have said they will continue to export meat to Russia after Moscow banned meat imports from three Brazilian states....
US food maker Sara Lee today (3 June) opened a sliced meats plant in Kansas City. ...
JBS, the Brazilian meat giant, has reported mixed first-quarter results, with the company's net income and sales rising - but its EBITDA down on lower profits from its US chicken unit....
US food manufacturer Sara Lee has revealed plans to extend its Hillshire Farm range with the launch of two turkey sausage varieties....
This week has been marked by some high profile acquisition plays with ConAgra Foods making its desire to acquire Ralcorp Holdings known and DuPont making its final offer for Danisco. Meanwhile, the UK...
Sara Lee, the US food maker looking to split into two separate companies, said today (5 May) it was looking to buy "premium" meats firm Aidells Sausage Co. - but admitted it was mulling its options ...
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report