USA: Sara Lee to cut jobs worldwide
Sara Lee plans to cut 7,000 jobs over the next 12 months as part of its drive to streamline its businesses and centralise management. The bulk of the cuts, the company said on Thursday (25 January), would come in its underwear and food units. The jobs cuts, likely to be spread out over their operations in 40 counties, will cover all aspects of the business including manufacturing and white-collar sectors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill