USA: Sara Lee to cut jobs worldwide
Sara Lee plans to cut 7,000 jobs over the next 12 months as part of its drive to streamline its businesses and centralise management. The bulk of the cuts, the company said on Thursday (25 January), would come in its underwear and food units. The jobs cuts, likely to be spread out over their operations in 40 counties, will cover all aspects of the business including manufacturing and white-collar sectors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods