EU: Sara Lee to outsource e-procurement purchasing
Three European divisions of US consumer products and food giant Sara Lee have completed a deal that will see e-procurement purchasing worth US$800m outsourced to ICG Commerce . By electronically gathering up to 80% of the group's purchasing in Europe, the deal is expected to reduce costs at the food manufacturer by securing the best prices and improving productivity.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery