SPAIN: Sara Lee to sell bakeries to Siro
US food giant Sara Lee is to sell three bakeries in Spain to local food firm Grupo Siro.
The deal, struck for an undisclosed sum, will see Sara Lee's Briviesca, Antequera and Agüimes sites switch to Siro.
Frank van Oers, CEO of Sara Lee's international and beverage and bakery business, said the sale was "terrific news" for the company.
"This agreement allows us to further improve production economics and supply our Spanish customers and consumers with the products they know and love, especially Bimbo," van Oers said.
Under the deal, Sara Lee will continue to own and market its Spanish bakery products, including the Bimbo brand.
Siro owner J.M. Gonzalez Serna added: "This transaction brings significant growth to Grupo Siro, allowing us to achieve our strategic plans ahead of schedule."
Private label was the topic on the lips of Xavier Govare, CEO of Alfesca, Pierre-Olivier Beckers, Delhaize CEO, and Sara Lee's Brenda Barnes this week, while Sir Stuart Rose stole the limelight with t...
Dutch food group Wessanen, which is busy exiting the US to focus on the European market, has named Sara Lee executive Piet Hein Merckens as chairman and CEO....
US food giant Sara Lee is to reduce the salt content in a number of its food categories by around 20% over the next five years....
Indian group Godrej Consumer Products (GCPL) has confirmed that it is looking to raise capital in order to fund expansion, including acquisitions....
Sara Lee has indicated that it is increasing its focus on its core food business with the sale of its Ambi Pur air care business to Proctor & Gamble....
US food giant Sara Lee said it is to cease operations at its Greenville bread factory in South Carolina with the loss of 200 workers....
Sara Lee has promoted Anne Teague to the post of group chief information officer, effective immediately....
Over the past week, Marks and Spencer chairman Sir Stuart Rose shared some of his intentional expansion plans with just-food amid news that the retailer was adding branded products to its offering. Kr...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits