USA: Sara Lee to slash 380 jobs with closure of four US bakeries
Chicago-based food to household products conglomerate Sara Lee Corp revealed on Friday that it is to slash 380 jobs with the closure of four US bakeries in Chicago, Chattanooga and Memphis, Tennessee, and one in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Production at the plants will cease within two months, the company said as it seeks to take advantage of the operational synergies following its US$2.8bn acquisition of St. Louis-based bakery Earthgrains Co last August.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw