USA: Sara Lee to slash 380 jobs with closure of four US bakeries
Chicago-based food to household products conglomerate Sara Lee Corp revealed on Friday that it is to slash 380 jobs with the closure of four US bakeries in Chicago, Chattanooga and Memphis, Tennessee, and one in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Production at the plants will cease within two months, the company said as it seeks to take advantage of the operational synergies following its US$2.8bn acquisition of St. Louis-based bakery Earthgrains Co last August.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth