USA: Sara Lee/Earthgrains - technology as important as bread - COMMENT (Members)
The European Commission has approved Sara Lee's acquisition of Earthgrains. The operational synergies between the companies may not amount to much. However, Earthgrain's technology should be a major boost. The bakery firm's distribution and category management systems should allow Sara Lee to make major savings, particularly if it develops them to include even more efficient supply chain management technologies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target