US: Sara Lee's Ball Park enters frozen burger category
The launch marks the extension of Sara Lee's Ball Park brand into the frozen food aisle
US food giant Sara Lee has moved its Ball Park hot dog brand into the frozen category with the launch of Flame Grilled Patties.
The launch, the company said, will be Ball Park's first major brand extension outside of hot dogs in its 50-year history.
The fully-cooked patties, made with 100% beef, are flame grilled and then flash frozen, ready to be cooked in one minute.
"Ball Park's entry into the $400m frozen burger category is the next step to advancing our strategy of expanding from the number one beef hot dog into a leading brand in the guy food space," said Aaron Alt, general manager of the Ball Park brand. "The new Flame Grilled Patties really deliver on quality and taste, and are also incredibly convenient, something consumers have come to rely on from Ball Park."
The Flame Grilled Patties range is available in three variants: Beef, Beef & Onion, and Beef & Cheese. Packaged in resealable six-count packs, the patties are being launched into grocery stores nationwide this month with an SRP of US$8.29.
Former Sara Lee executive Marleen Vaesen will become chief executive of Belgium-based produce group PinguinLutosa....
Hillshire Brands has added a Lemon Pound Cake to its Sara Lee brand, as well as making the label's signature Butter Pound Cake more moist....
Private-equity firm Wind Point Partners has snapped up US snacks group Shearer's Foods in a takeover backed by former Sara Lee executive C.J. Fraleigh....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Europe's food firms slam French origin labels plan
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights