Sargento adds nuts, fruit in new snack range
US cheese group Sargento has launched a range of cheese-based snacks containing nuts and dried fruit in the US.
Sargento said the Balanced Breaks line was its first set of snacks "beyond cheese". There are four products in the range including a variety containing cheddar cheese, sea-salted almonds and dried cranberries.
"Today's health-conscious consumers are looking for portable snacks that balance nutrition and great taste," Chris McCarthy, director of marketing for Sargento's consumer products division, said.
The products come in a package of three 1.5-ounce snacks for a suggested retail price of US$3.69.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses