USA: Sargento Foods Notified by FDA That Recent Cheese Recall Was Unnecessary
Sargento Foods Inc. said yesterday that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has informed them that it made an error in the laboratory finding that led to Sargento issuing a voluntary cheese recall on July 27. "Following FDA's review of our supporting laboratory records for this sample and additional testing, we have determined that our initial finding of Listeria monocytogenes was incorrect," stated Gary L. Pierce, Regional Food & Drug Director of the FDA in Dallas, in a letter to Sargento dated August 24.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report