USA: Sargento Foods Notified by FDA That Recent Cheese Recall Was Unnecessary
Sargento Foods Inc. said yesterday that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has informed them that it made an error in the laboratory finding that led to Sargento issuing a voluntary cheese recall on July 27. "Following FDA's review of our supporting laboratory records for this sample and additional testing, we have determined that our initial finding of Listeria monocytogenes was incorrect," stated Gary L. Pierce, Regional Food & Drug Director of the FDA in Dallas, in a letter to Sargento dated August 24.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti