USA: Sargento Foods Notified by FDA That Recent Cheese Recall Was Unnecessary
Sargento Foods Inc. said yesterday that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has informed them that it made an error in the laboratory finding that led to Sargento issuing a voluntary cheese recall on July 27. "Following FDA's review of our supporting laboratory records for this sample and additional testing, we have determined that our initial finding of Listeria monocytogenes was incorrect," stated Gary L. Pierce, Regional Food & Drug Director of the FDA in Dallas, in a letter to Sargento dated August 24.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods