USA: Sargento Foods Notified by FDA That Recent Cheese Recall Was Unnecessary
Sargento Foods Inc. said yesterday that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has informed them that it made an error in the laboratory finding that led to Sargento issuing a voluntary cheese recall on July 27. "Following FDA's review of our supporting laboratory records for this sample and additional testing, we have determined that our initial finding of Listeria monocytogenes was incorrect," stated Gary L. Pierce, Regional Food & Drug Director of the FDA in Dallas, in a letter to Sargento dated August 24.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week