US: Sargento rolls-out “finishers” range
US cheese products specialist Sargento Foods has partnered with cookery author Ruth Klein to launch a variety of salad and potato finishers.
In celebration of National Salad Month in May, the launch is designed to encourage consumers to "take time from their busy schedules and get creative in the kitchen", the company said yesterday (15 May).
Sargento is introducing three varieties of Finishers combinations; Blue Cheese Salad Finishers, Classic Chef Salad Finishers and Southwest Potato Finishers.
Finishers combine blends of Sargento natural cheeses, smoked turkey and ham, smoked bacon crumbles and "chef-inspired" sauces.
"We want consumers to feel adventurous and imaginative in the kitchen," said Troy Davis, senior marketing manager at Sargento. "The introduction of the newest Sargento Salad and Potato Finishers allow food enthusiasts to explore all the ways they can turn ordinary salads and potatoes into extraordinary meals with flavourful, restaurant-quality and chef-inspired ingredients."
Sargento Finishers sell for an approximate retail price of US$2.99 to $3.99.
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- FMCG sales slowing despite economic green shoots
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- Switz rejects EU plea to bypass Russia export ban
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- Jobs set to go at 2 Sisters plants
- UK group Symington's eyes Australia growth