US: Sargento rolls-out “finishers” range
US cheese products specialist Sargento Foods has partnered with cookery author Ruth Klein to launch a variety of salad and potato finishers.
In celebration of National Salad Month in May, the launch is designed to encourage consumers to "take time from their busy schedules and get creative in the kitchen", the company said yesterday (15 May).
Sargento is introducing three varieties of Finishers combinations; Blue Cheese Salad Finishers, Classic Chef Salad Finishers and Southwest Potato Finishers.
Finishers combine blends of Sargento natural cheeses, smoked turkey and ham, smoked bacon crumbles and "chef-inspired" sauces.
"We want consumers to feel adventurous and imaginative in the kitchen," said Troy Davis, senior marketing manager at Sargento. "The introduction of the newest Sargento Salad and Potato Finishers allow food enthusiasts to explore all the ways they can turn ordinary salads and potatoes into extraordinary meals with flavourful, restaurant-quality and chef-inspired ingredients."
Sargento Finishers sell for an approximate retail price of US$2.99 to $3.99.
- Focus: Fonterra's bid to weather dairy volatility
- How Windsor buy is part of Ajinomoto's global push
- Dairy in India: No quick win for multinationals
- Dairy in India: How to win over Indian consumers
- On the money: Diamond's faith in on-trend range
- Nestle forms new unit to "leverage scale"
- Nestle sells baby food brands Alete, Milasan
- Kerry, Premier team up on frozen NPD in UK
- PepsiCo eyes Middle East growth with R&D centre
- General Mills to slash up to 800 more jobs