US: Sartori launches chai flavoured BellaVitano cheese
US-based cheese producer Sartori is set to officially launch a chai tea-flavoured version of its BellaVitano cheese.
Sartori will launch Chai BellaVitano at this month's Winter Fancy Food Show, to be held in San Francisco, California. The firm will begin shipping to stores on 21 January, and will also be taking online orders.
The cheese, which is covered in a chai tea rub, has already won silver medal at the World Cheese Awards, held in Birmingham, UK, late last year.
"Chai is now becoming a regular menu item at coffee shops throughout the US and is showing up in lattes, smoothies, and even milkshakes," said Sartori's chief marketing officer, Chad Vincent. "This new innovation delivers a unique taste experience with broad appeal."
Sartori's artisan master cheesemaker, Mike Matucheski, said it has taken "quite some time" to perfect Chai BellaVitano, which will form part of the Sartori Reserve range.
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Regional start-ups aim to ride China's online boom
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- United Biscuits UK plant to start strike action
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Indofood to buy Danone's Indonesian dairy arm