US: Sartori launches chai flavoured BellaVitano cheese
US-based cheese producer Sartori is set to officially launch a chai tea-flavoured version of its BellaVitano cheese.
Sartori will launch Chai BellaVitano at this month's Winter Fancy Food Show, to be held in San Francisco, California. The firm will begin shipping to stores on 21 January, and will also be taking online orders.
The cheese, which is covered in a chai tea rub, has already won silver medal at the World Cheese Awards, held in Birmingham, UK, late last year.
"Chai is now becoming a regular menu item at coffee shops throughout the US and is showing up in lattes, smoothies, and even milkshakes," said Sartori's chief marketing officer, Chad Vincent. "This new innovation delivers a unique taste experience with broad appeal."
Sartori's artisan master cheesemaker, Mike Matucheski, said it has taken "quite some time" to perfect Chai BellaVitano, which will form part of the Sartori Reserve range.
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- Nestle's 2014 results: 10 Things to Learn
- Maspex: M&A opportunities in eastern Europe
- Why US Dietary Guidelines report deserves praise
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- Kerry Group CEO expects more M&A in 2015
- Gruma FY earnings surge as margins improve
- Glanbia FY profits beat analyst forecasts
- Kerry sales, earnings rise but food weighs
- Pinnacle efficiency helps profits amid flat sales