CANADA: Saskatchewan Wheat Pool to cut costs, shed jobs
As an extension of its previous elevator consolidation program and in a further effort to reduce costs and improve efficiency, Saskatchewan Wheat Pool is restructuring its head office and adjusting its grain handling and agri-products service network. The restructuring will result in the reduction of approximately 200 positions, 40% of which are from the company's head office in Regina. Approximately 15% of the positions being eliminated are management. The reductions will be phased in over the coming year. All employees affected will be provided with severance and transition support, the company said in a statement.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report