CANADA: Saskatchewan Wheat Pool to cut costs, shed jobs
As an extension of its previous elevator consolidation program and in a further effort to reduce costs and improve efficiency, Saskatchewan Wheat Pool is restructuring its head office and adjusting its grain handling and agri-products service network. The restructuring will result in the reduction of approximately 200 positions, 40% of which are from the company's head office in Regina. Approximately 15% of the positions being eliminated are management. The reductions will be phased in over the coming year. All employees affected will be provided with severance and transition support, the company said in a statement.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti