CANADA: Saskatchewan Wheat Pool to cut costs, shed jobs
As an extension of its previous elevator consolidation program and in a further effort to reduce costs and improve efficiency, Saskatchewan Wheat Pool is restructuring its head office and adjusting its grain handling and agri-products service network. The restructuring will result in the reduction of approximately 200 positions, 40% of which are from the company's head office in Regina. Approximately 15% of the positions being eliminated are management. The reductions will be phased in over the coming year. All employees affected will be provided with severance and transition support, the company said in a statement.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre