CANADA: Saskatchewan Wheat reviewing capital market options
Canadian agribusiness cooperative Saskatchewan Wheat Pool said it is reviewing capital market alternatives that will allow the company to strengthen its balance sheet and lower interest costs.
Chief executive officer Mayo Schmidt said that the Pool expects to engage its delegate body in the process if the review leads to a capital market initiative.
Schmidt indicated the timing was good because the Pool recently reported its fourth consecutive quarter of improved financial performance, and the industry is expecting the first good crop in years.
The review will proceed over the coming months.
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review