CANADA: Saskatchewan Wheat reviewing capital market options
Canadian agribusiness cooperative Saskatchewan Wheat Pool said it is reviewing capital market alternatives that will allow the company to strengthen its balance sheet and lower interest costs.
Chief executive officer Mayo Schmidt said that the Pool expects to engage its delegate body in the process if the review leads to a capital market initiative.
Schmidt indicated the timing was good because the Pool recently reported its fourth consecutive quarter of improved financial performance, and the industry is expecting the first good crop in years.
The review will proceed over the coming months.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations