FRANCE: Sauce firm Comexo invests EUR15m in new plant
French fresh sauces maker Comexo is investing EUR15m (US$19.6m) in a new plant, located 500 metres from the existing one in Château-Renard, to increase production capacity and help develop new markets.
Sold by Heinz in 2007 in a management buy-out, Comexo turned out 13,000 tonnes of product last year encompassing reheatable sauces, mayonnaise, salad dressings, vinaigrettes and condiments.
The new 6,700 square metre plant is scheduled to be operational in autumn 2011.
Comexo supplies food brands, such as Heinz, while its customers also include restaurant chains and wholesalers. The company, founded in 1993, has also created its own sauces brand, Menu & Co.
Turnover rose from EUR12.6m in 2006 to EUR22.3m last year.
This week featured the surprise news that Morrisons acquired a stake in US online grocer Fresh Direct, while Greencore was outfoxed in its bid to acquire Boparan. Meanwhile just-food attended the West...
Heinz has extended its Weight Watchers Smart Ones brand in the US with the introduction of two new frozen breakfasts to its Morning Express line....
Perhaps the biggest M&A story in the UK food sector this week reached the final chapter when Ireland's Greencore gave up on its pursuit to buy UK rival Northern Foods....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review