FRANCE/UK: Danone: sauce of speculation (COMMENT)
French dairy products group Danone is to sell its HP Foods condiments arm. The iconic UK condiment brands HP Sauce and Lea & Perrins are being offered for sale by their French owner, Danone. While the condiments business looks like an attractive target for smaller regional food players in the UK, the move can also be seen as a reaction by Danone to recent rumours suggesting it may be a takeover target.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations