AUSTRALIA: Saucy Fish Co to make Australia debut
The Saucy Fish Co is to make its Australia debut
UK based ready-to-cook fish firm The Saucy Fish Co has announced its expansion into Australia.
The announcement follows its US listing in March this year and the firm said it "reinforces the brand's global ambitions".
Simon Smith, sales and marketing director at The Saucy Fish Co commented: "Launching our products in Australia is a natural next step for the brand, after expanding to the US earlier this year. As a nation, Australians love seafood - and demand has increased dramatically over recent years, with total consumption tripling since 1995. There's also a huge emphasis on health and wellbeing - something which our products cater to perfectly, so we are confident this new audience will respond well to the range."
Due to current trademark issues, the brand will be launched initially under the name The Speedy Fish Co, however, the firm said it "hopes to reintroduce the globally established and well-known" Saucy Fish Co brand name "once this has been resolved."
The initial product line up will include four ready to cook fish and sauce combinations, as well as two Ready to Enjoy salmon fillet variants. Two of the products have been developed exclusively for Australia: Cod with Piri Piri sauce and Cod with Sweet Soy and Chilli Dressing. Prices are from AU$11.
Products will be sold in Coles and Woolworths supermarkets in Western Australia.
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review