SAUDI ARABIA/SOUTH AFRICA: Saudi Arabia lifts South African meat ban
The Saudi Ministry of Commerce has lifted the ban on imports of fresh, chilled, frozen and canned beef and sheep meat from South Africa. Saudi Arabia had imposed the ban on all meat imports from Africa, the Gulf states, Syria, Yemen, Jordan, China and Pakistan due to the spread of BSE. The ban on South African meat was lifted after the country met all requirements and conditions for imports to Saudi Arabia, reported the Saudi Arabian News Digest.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch