SAUDI ARABIA/SOUTH AFRICA: Saudi Arabia lifts South African meat ban
The Saudi Ministry of Commerce has lifted the ban on imports of fresh, chilled, frozen and canned beef and sheep meat from South Africa. Saudi Arabia had imposed the ban on all meat imports from Africa, the Gulf states, Syria, Yemen, Jordan, China and Pakistan due to the spread of BSE. The ban on South African meat was lifted after the country met all requirements and conditions for imports to Saudi Arabia, reported the Saudi Arabian News Digest.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Unilever sets packaging target