SAUDI ARABIA/SOUTH AFRICA: Saudi Arabia lifts South African meat ban
The Saudi Ministry of Commerce has lifted the ban on imports of fresh, chilled, frozen and canned beef and sheep meat from South Africa. Saudi Arabia had imposed the ban on all meat imports from Africa, the Gulf states, Syria, Yemen, Jordan, China and Pakistan due to the spread of BSE. The ban on South African meat was lifted after the country met all requirements and conditions for imports to Saudi Arabia, reported the Saudi Arabian News Digest.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO