SAUDI ARABIA/SOUTH AFRICA: Saudi Arabia lifts South African meat ban
The Saudi Ministry of Commerce has lifted the ban on imports of fresh, chilled, frozen and canned beef and sheep meat from South Africa. Saudi Arabia had imposed the ban on all meat imports from Africa, the Gulf states, Syria, Yemen, Jordan, China and Pakistan due to the spread of BSE. The ban on South African meat was lifted after the country met all requirements and conditions for imports to Saudi Arabia, reported the Saudi Arabian News Digest.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1