UK: Save our farms, save our food, says FOE
Friends of the Earth today called for radical measures, including a new legally enforceable code for supermarkets, to safeguard the future of farming in the UK - for the benefit of consumers, rural economies and the countryside. Launching Get real about food and farming, a new report spelling out Friends of the Earth's vision for the future of farming in the UK, the organisation said the Government must act now to protect the farming economy which has been seriously undermined by successive food scares, disease and the impact of cheap imports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO