SAUDI/KUWAIT: Savola confirms Americana takeover talks
PE firms also said to be interested in Americana
Saudi Arabian food manufacturer Savola Group has confirmed it has started initial talks with the Kuwait Food Co., also known as Americana Group, to acquire a stake in the company.
In a bourse filing, Savola said the talks have not yet led to a "fundamental development", but a disclosure agreement has been signed.
Reports suggest private-equity firms Advent International and TPG Capital have also submitted bids for the firm. KKR and CVC Capital Partners are also said to have tabled a joint offer.
Americana's food manufacturing arm produces brands including California Garden beans and Farm Frites frozen vegetables, supplying products to supermarkets across the Middle East. It is also a franchise operator of a number of restaurants across the region, including KFC and Pizza Hut.
The sale is expected to fetch about US$5bn.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report