SAUDI ARABIA: Savola names chief executive
Saudi food-to-plastics conglomerate Savola Group has appointed His Excellency Eng. Abdulla Mohammed Noor Rehaimi to the position of chief executive following the resignation of Dr Abdulraouf Mohammed Mannaa.
Dr Mannaa resigned from the post due to "personal reasons" and will exit the company at the end of the financial year on 31 December, Savola said.
His Excellency Eng. Renaimi will take the helm on 1 January having served on the Savola board since 2010, as well as sitting on the board of the group's food and retail subsidiaries.
Previously, he held a number of leadership positions at governmental and private institutions, including serving as president of the General Authority of Civil Aviation and Deputy of General Director of Saudi Industrial Development Fund (SIDF).
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream finalise joint venture plans
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Pinnacle Foods names Mondelez's Mark Clouse CEO
- Kerry foods Q1 volumes lifted by NPD