SAUDI ARABIA: Savola names chief executive
Saudi food-to-plastics conglomerate Savola Group has appointed His Excellency Eng. Abdulla Mohammed Noor Rehaimi to the position of chief executive following the resignation of Dr Abdulraouf Mohammed Mannaa.
Dr Mannaa resigned from the post due to "personal reasons" and will exit the company at the end of the financial year on 31 December, Savola said.
His Excellency Eng. Renaimi will take the helm on 1 January having served on the Savola board since 2010, as well as sitting on the board of the group's food and retail subsidiaries.
Previously, he held a number of leadership positions at governmental and private institutions, including serving as president of the General Authority of Civil Aviation and Deputy of General Director of Saudi Industrial Development Fund (SIDF).
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Comment: Kingsmill "youth" appeal bodes well
- BRICs: How dairy deal bolsters Lactalis and BRF
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Glanbia to buy US sports nutrition firm Isopure
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- Arla joins race for Egypt's Arab Dairy
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria