SAUDI ARABIA: Savola names chief executive
Saudi food-to-plastics conglomerate Savola Group has appointed His Excellency Eng. Abdulla Mohammed Noor Rehaimi to the position of chief executive following the resignation of Dr Abdulraouf Mohammed Mannaa.
Dr Mannaa resigned from the post due to "personal reasons" and will exit the company at the end of the financial year on 31 December, Savola said.
His Excellency Eng. Renaimi will take the helm on 1 January having served on the Savola board since 2010, as well as sitting on the board of the group's food and retail subsidiaries.
Previously, he held a number of leadership positions at governmental and private institutions, including serving as president of the General Authority of Civil Aviation and Deputy of General Director of Saudi Industrial Development Fund (SIDF).
- 10 Things to Learn - JBS's acquisition of Moy Park
- M&A Watch - ConAgra should divest Commercial Foods
- How the CGF plans to halve global food waste
- What lies behind Ferrero's move for Thorntons?
- Focus: Will synergies lift Ahold Delhaize in US?
- General Mills to axe 675-725 jobs
- CMA "accepts" Muller's revised Dairy Crest offer
- 7-Eleven launches premium private label lines
- Unilever, Nestle commit to half food waste by 2025
- China seizes meat from 1970s in latest scandal