SAUDI ARABIA: Savola names chief executive
Saudi food-to-plastics conglomerate Savola Group has appointed His Excellency Eng. Abdulla Mohammed Noor Rehaimi to the position of chief executive following the resignation of Dr Abdulraouf Mohammed Mannaa.
Dr Mannaa resigned from the post due to "personal reasons" and will exit the company at the end of the financial year on 31 December, Savola said.
His Excellency Eng. Renaimi will take the helm on 1 January having served on the Savola board since 2010, as well as sitting on the board of the group's food and retail subsidiaries.
Previously, he held a number of leadership positions at governmental and private institutions, including serving as president of the General Authority of Civil Aviation and Deputy of General Director of Saudi Industrial Development Fund (SIDF).
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- Sustainability Watch: The US packaging challenge
- Maspex: M&A opportunities in eastern Europe
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- Nestle's 2014 results: 10 Things to Learn
- UPDATE: Mondelez confirms Irish plant changes
- WhiteWave launches "Australian-style" yoghurt
- Bright Food "to buy 70% of Tnuva"
- Saputo's Warrnambool to buy Lion's cheese arm
- Thorntons sales, profits fall