USA: Savory snacks - Frito-Lay's growth set to continue - RESEARCH (Members)
PepsiCo's Frito-Lay International division has experienced sound growth over the past quarter, with profits up 13% year-on-year. Net sales were up 8%, attributed largely to growth in the UK, Mexico and Poland. All of these markets are expected to continue expanding over the next four years. The Polish savory snacks market will exhibit the highest compound annual growth rate at 7.9%. While the UK market will grow at just 5.7% per year, the value of snack sales will have risen by nearly $450 million by 2005.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw