ISRAEL: Sbarro fastfood set up franchise in Netherlands
A group of Israeli entrepreneurs was granted the franchise to establish in Holland the Sbarro fast food restaurants. The Israeli group won the franchise in which three international companies, some of which have the Sbarro franchise in other countries, participated in the bid. Sbarro, specialising in Italian fast foods, operates over 1,200 restaurants worldwide. The report notes that the first Sbarro restaurant in the Netherlands will open soon in central Amsterdam at an investment of US$1.5m, to be followed by the opening of ten additional restaurants throughout Holland. There are 21 Sbarro restaurants now operating in Israel, registering an estimated annual turnover of NIS80m (US$16.6m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk