ISRAEL: Sbarro fastfood set up franchise in Netherlands
A group of Israeli entrepreneurs was granted the franchise to establish in Holland the Sbarro fast food restaurants. The Israeli group won the franchise in which three international companies, some of which have the Sbarro franchise in other countries, participated in the bid. Sbarro, specialising in Italian fast foods, operates over 1,200 restaurants worldwide. The report notes that the first Sbarro restaurant in the Netherlands will open soon in central Amsterdam at an investment of US$1.5m, to be followed by the opening of ten additional restaurants throughout Holland. There are 21 Sbarro restaurants now operating in Israel, registering an estimated annual turnover of NIS80m (US$16.6m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report