ISRAEL: Sbarro fastfood set up franchise in Netherlands
A group of Israeli entrepreneurs was granted the franchise to establish in Holland the Sbarro fast food restaurants. The Israeli group won the franchise in which three international companies, some of which have the Sbarro franchise in other countries, participated in the bid. Sbarro, specialising in Italian fast foods, operates over 1,200 restaurants worldwide. The report notes that the first Sbarro restaurant in the Netherlands will open soon in central Amsterdam at an investment of US$1.5m, to be followed by the opening of ten additional restaurants throughout Holland. There are 21 Sbarro restaurants now operating in Israel, registering an estimated annual turnover of NIS80m (US$16.6m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid