JAPAN: SBF is "no longer a company" says business lobby leader
Scandal-ridden Snow Brand Food (SBF) is "no longer a company", according to Takashi Imai, chairman of the Federation of Economic Organizations ( Keidanren ). Imai's criticisms of SBF came yesterday [Thursday] in response to last week's revelations that the meat processing company was engaged in a fraudulent labeling scam designed to take advantage of a government subsidies introduced after BSE was found in the national herd.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations