UK: Scallop fishing bans in Scapa Flow and off Jura and Mull
An extension of the bans on fishing for scallops in Scapa Flow, Orkney, and in waters off Jura and the south of Mull due to a build-up of naturally occurring shellfish toxins was announced today by the Food Standards Agency Scotland. The action is based on test results from the Agency#;s sampling programme which showed that the toxins have reached a level at which there is a risk to consumers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin