UK: Scallop fishing bans in Scapa Flow and off Jura and Mull
An extension of the bans on fishing for scallops in Scapa Flow, Orkney, and in waters off Jura and the south of Mull due to a build-up of naturally occurring shellfish toxins was announced today by the Food Standards Agency Scotland. The action is based on test results from the Agency#;s sampling programme which showed that the toxins have reached a level at which there is a risk to consumers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega