UK: Scallop fishing bans in Scapa Flow and off Jura and Mull
An extension of the bans on fishing for scallops in Scapa Flow, Orkney, and in waters off Jura and the south of Mull due to a build-up of naturally occurring shellfish toxins was announced today by the Food Standards Agency Scotland. The action is based on test results from the Agency#;s sampling programme which showed that the toxins have reached a level at which there is a risk to consumers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses