GERMANY: Schering AG considers sale of Aventis CropScience as most value enhancing option
Schering AG, Germany (NYSE: SHR), and Aventis S.A., Strasbourg, announced yesterday that both companies have reached an understanding with respect to the future course of action for Aventis CropScience, Lyon. Both parties believe that a sale will generate the highest value. It is therefore intended to initiate detailed discussions with Bayer AG, Leverkusen, in order to conclude a purchase agreement as soon as possible. Schering AG holds a 24 percent interest as financial investment in the crop protection business, while Aventis holds a 76 percent majority.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations