GERMANY: Schering AG considers sale of Aventis CropScience as most value enhancing option
Schering AG, Germany (NYSE: SHR), and Aventis S.A., Strasbourg, announced yesterday that both companies have reached an understanding with respect to the future course of action for Aventis CropScience, Lyon. Both parties believe that a sale will generate the highest value. It is therefore intended to initiate detailed discussions with Bayer AG, Leverkusen, in order to conclude a purchase agreement as soon as possible. Schering AG holds a 24 percent interest as financial investment in the crop protection business, while Aventis holds a 76 percent majority.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth