GERMANY: Schering AG considers sale of Aventis CropScience as most value enhancing option
Schering AG, Germany (NYSE: SHR), and Aventis S.A., Strasbourg, announced yesterday that both companies have reached an understanding with respect to the future course of action for Aventis CropScience, Lyon. Both parties believe that a sale will generate the highest value. It is therefore intended to initiate detailed discussions with Bayer AG, Leverkusen, in order to conclude a purchase agreement as soon as possible. Schering AG holds a 24 percent interest as financial investment in the crop protection business, while Aventis holds a 76 percent majority.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival