US: Schnuck Markets appoints Howard as marketing VP
US grocery operator Schnuck Markets has appointed Bob Howard as vice president of marketing.
He will oversee advertising, marketing services, consumer research, food education and private brand development. He will report into president and COO Todd Schnuck.
"I am excited to be part of the Schnucks leadership team particularly at this time," said Howard. "Through a variety of initiatives, including in-store food demonstrations, cooking classes, magazines, internet and social media, we will be communicating with our customers more frequently and more directly than ever before. I feel fortunate to be in a position to facilitate this amazing transformation and make it meaningful for our customers."
Ralcorp Holdings has remained silent on reports that it is looking for a buyer for its Post Foods unit as part of attempts to fend off a US$4.9bn takeover approach from ConAgra Foods....
Perfetti van Melle has moved into the Indian salty snacks category in a bid to appeal to upwardly mobile consumers....
The top headlines on just-food had a meaty flavour this week, with news of Cargill's local merger with Australian beef processor Teys Bros, Tyson Foods' half-year numbers and a look at how the UK and ...
US meat group Tyson Foods has said that it expects to increase selling prices in the remainder of the year as it looks to offset continued margin erosion....
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units